Denia, 25 April 2021
Valencia has such low corona numbers as no other region in Spain. The number of new outbreaks has fallen particularly sharply on the Costa Blanca.
From April 26th, according to the statements of Valencia’s Prime Minister Ximo Puig, due to the greatly improved numbers, new conditions will apply until the end of the state of emergency on May 9th, 2021:
- Restaurants are allowed to open until 10 p.m., the occupancy rate remains as usual: 100 percent on the terraces, one third indoors, a maximum of six people at one table.
- Shops that are not systemically relevant are allowed to open until 10 p.m., two hours longer than before.
- Cultural institutions such as museums, cinemas, theaters or concert halls are allowed to open at 75 percent capacity, previously the upper limit was 50 percent.
- Celebrations such as weddings or communions may take place when the rooms are 50 percent full.
All other corona requirements remain in place. These include, for example:
- The night from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Meetings with a maximum of six people in public and a maximum of two households in private
The province of Valencia is still the region of Spain with the lowest incidence, with a 14-day incidence of 40 cases per 100,000 population (as of April 22). As of April 21st, Denia had an incidence of 26 and Pego an incidence of 10.